16/11/2008

One year older ...


... and not a bit wiser or sensible!

But hey, I am enjoying all of that irresponsibility.

Life is mostly calm, only 2 out of 3 daughters have broken up with their boyfriends (OK then one boyfriend reconsidered and now they are all loved dovey again)! But despite these "disasters" all three of them remembered to call me to wish me a Happy Birthday, and on the actual day and I did not have to remind them, yippee.

I had a great meal out yesterday with friends (only one piece of cake was eaten, but it was my birthday!) and my house is now filled with some gorgeous flowers and some fantastic red vases which match my new kitchen perfectly.

I have been working hard on positive reinforcement to start dealing with my issues around my appearance. It is coming together slowly, but then the damage was done over a number of years so it will take a while to reprogramme.

However, I have saved the best news for last, I have after a break of far too many months, started running again (so far runs of 2.5km, 1.6km, 2.5km, 3.2km and 5km in the last week or so). This is thanks to some serious inspiration or was that incentives provided by a new Dom friend (you know who you are - thank you) and have also started back at the gym. So life is really feeling much better, the endorphin rush I get from exercise is almost, but not quite as good as the one from a serious spanking session! That said I'd take a good spanking over a run any time!!

Hil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hil...and I do hope this is the best year ever!

Anonymous said...

I decided to take a little break from writing today and branch out and check some blogs that I haven't read before. So I see that I managed to miss your birthday by one day! Fooie!

Well happy belated birthday anyway!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog... and we're enjoying it. Happy birthday!

Running and spanking do seem to have some things in common. Pain, then a rush feeling. At least we've noticed that.

:)
Todd & Suzy