17/09/2008

Submissive ≠ Stupid

I am absolutely hopping mad at the moment, it seems that there are some people out there that seem to think that because I am a submissive that I am also stupid.

For these particular idiots I have a special news flash ...

SUBMISSIVE DOES NOT EQUAL STUPID !

If I am going to meet in person someone that I have first met on the internet then obviously, I am going to take certain precautions to ensure my own safety. Firstly I am going to use a safecall for the actual meeting so that if I do not check in with a friend by a certain time then that friend is going to call the Police and give them all the details about the meeting place. Secondly, before (and after) I get to that point I will also use all my considerable resources (and modesty!) to verify that the person who I am meeting/have met is who they say they are and that the information that they provide to me is accurate. This is common sense if you are a woman, especially one trying to find a BDSM based relationship at the "wrong" end of the whip.

Suffice it to say that I have been chatting to someone online and by phone for a couple of weeks and I actually met him in person when on business in London last week. He seemed very nice, although a little older than the photo on the website (should have rung warning bells perhaps, but middle aged men can be so vain at times). We talked for a while and he did demonstrate that he understood the sort of relationship dynamics that I was looking for (you know the ones!), having had a relationship like that before. So after a pleasant evening, with a teensy bit of spanking, albeit over clothes, thrown in, we agreed to see each other again.

He explained at some length then and subsequently over the phone, that his life was rather busy at present, but that he was working on freeing up some more time to enjoy himself and also a potential partner. All very promising I hear you say, but, I have a suspicious, some may say devious mind and thus continued the online researching which I had started before we met.

Well to cut a long story short this research led me to a "minor" inaccuracy in his story. Well minor to the extent that he seems to have "forgotten" when describing his family to mention that he has a daughter. In truth, actually he told me that he did not have any children and shared with me an extremely moving story about his previous girlfriend who had aborted their child leaving him devastated.

To be fair this whole story may not have been either a lie or an embellishment, he might not actually have a daughter. The trouble is if he doesn't have one then he is instead lying on Ebay where he is selling the car he "bought for his daughter in May" because she has "gone back to college".

Actually it does not matter, either way he is a liar and is thus not to be trusted.

So to steal a phrase from a popular British quiz show,

"Mike, you are the Weakest Link, Goodbye".

No comments: