31/10/2008

Every cloud has a silver lining ...



Well as I said my life was moving in a positive direction, but I did not know exactly how positive. Just when you think that you have everything"under control", and you know how much I like to do that, things take an unexpected turn.

I have been registered on a couple of BDSM dating sites, well a girl's gotta try hasn't she, for a few weeks now. As is the norm even with vanilla dating 95% of the people who have contacted me have a) not actually read my profile, b) despite that they still profess their undying love for me or c) are not even remotely like the sort of man I am looking for. For the remaining 5% most have actually read the profile and write to say that they liked it or make a small comment, sometimes I have exchanged a few e-mails with them or chatted online but none of them so far have really fitted the bill, nor have I fitted theirs. So while chatting with like minded kinksters is nice I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will not find anyone and that actually I am OK with that because it is so much nice living just with me now I like myself more.

It seems that the gods were smiling on me as pretty much as soon as I decided that being single again was a great idea, I got a contact from someone, really, truly, different. What he wrote to me was completely unlike any response I had received before and actually sent shivers running up and down my spine, something about not only what he was writing but the way that he was saying it leaped out from the page. Sure he had read my profile, but he had also analysed it in a really detailed way and wrote to argue a "couple of philosophical points" in it with me and to tell me what her really thought I meant when I wrote it. Wow and double wow, I thought, and wrote back.

Over the next day or so we had an extensive e-mail exchange and I really enjoyed the good natured "sparring", his teasing of me and his sense of humour which really seemed to match mine. Considering that he was doing all that "stuff" on many and varied topics in a language which is not his native tongue is all the more surprising.

We swapped Messenger IDs and chatted on-line about very many things, we found so much that we have in common both with our kinks and our vanilla lives and then we talked on the phone for 9 hours straight, all through the night until the next morning. The best thing is that he lives just 45 minutes drive south of me.

I have to admit to a "mild" obsession with the movie Mamma Mia, OK I just love that movie and have been to see it twice in the cinema, have the DVD on pre-order and have been trying to find an excuse to see it again. Sadly for him the poor guy had mentioned that he liked ABBA, so I decided that this was of course THE perfect excuse, also he had not heard of the movie at all so clearly needed to be "educated". He also decided that I need some "education" in German, so naturally the perfect solution was to go and see Mamma Mia but in German!

In person he was even more charming and we did have a lovely evening, he loved the movie too.

It is early days yet, but I can tell you I cannot wipe the smile off my face.

Hil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hil, some very unsolicited advice...you're moving so fast! Take your time. What is right will come clear. My best~ Sara