15/10/2008

I'm back or rather we are ...

... the bug and I, it has me good and proper in its grip. Oh it is so clever, during the day it just raises its ugly head a few times but come the night I cough so much I even wake myself up, which is a serious pain as I find it near impossible to get to sleep because I am coughing too much, grrrr!

Life is weird at the moment a big mix of positives and negatives:

+
I have realised that for the first time in a long time, actually, the first time ever, I am actually comfortable being me, warts and all.


- Things are not going well with Andrew, OK so I only have myself to blame, but it is hard going.

- Due to various reasons (e.g. needing to spend one week in three out of the country for work), I have reluctantly decided to send my little one to boarding school like his sisters next year. So we went to visit a prospective school whilst on holiday, we both liked the place and the close, warm family atmosphere and the child led educational philosphies they follow. So he spent a couple of taster days and one night there and not only did he love it to bits, they also loved him to bits. They have very small classes so he will get all the individual attention he needs to reach his considerable potential, he is one seriously smart cookie e.g. he has a reading/spelling age of 11 and he is not yet 7 and his current school cannot really stretch him as he is so far in advance of all his classmates and they have to teach to their level and not his. The new school has less kids in the whole school than his current school has in just his own year group and they only have a dozen or so kids who actually board. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and just like a close knit family so I know he will be fine and get enough attention. In fact, he is absolutely thrilled and keeps telling everyone about it. However, his mother is not coping well despite knowing all this, knowing that there are good reasons for him to go, because he is after all still my 'baby'.


+
2 of my kids have had their birthdays and I managed to "get" my youngest by turning up with the complete family and a birthday cake or two and throwing a surprise party at her school, she had thought I was at home in Germany. You should have seen her face, priceless!

- my search for a new partner is not going well, I am probably too picky and demanding, but I suppose it is early days, there are some weirdos out there though!! (Anyone who knows a nice dominant guy who likes to spank and would love to take care of a mad rocket scientist, please could you point them in my direction (;-))

+ even though the lovely Bill has left Germany now, he might just have to pop back here for a quick visit to tie off all the lose ends, yay!

- Well I am off to cough myself to sleep once more and to try to drown the bug in cough syrup! Watch out he doesn't get you too...

Hil

No comments: